Written by Jessie Cheng, Rock The Dream
While we may all be stuck at home right now, our creative possibilities are still limitless! As an artist, you can still take advantage of a plethora of ideas to make and connect with new fans. Keep reading, and you will be one step closer towards creating successful fan relationships!
- People love surprises! Are you in the works of writing new music? Give people a tease of your new craftsmanship, either by sharing a special video message through social media or even a short demo of new music. Promising listeners awesome new releases will surely capture more people’s attention and lingering curiosity.
- Go live on social media! Instagram, Facebook and YouTube are popular platforms to build strong connections with new fans. Be authentic and create a comfortable atmosphere, so fans feel invited into the creative musical process. Update them with what you have been doing, and interact with them by responding to questions or comments.
- Share your favorite playlist through social media, and include some of your own songs within the playlist! This is a brilliant way to actively engage fans or anyone who may stumble across your social media. If people share similar musical tastes or hear your music for the first time, you will be on the right track towards making new fans!
- Through YouTube, create collaboration videos with other artists, especially those with a large follower base. Be confident and show off your power vocals, and always ask listeners to check out your music afterwards!
- If possible, plan merchandise giveaways or virtual contests! For example, if current followers post a photo of them listening to your newest music with a specific hashtag you created, you can choose a few winners to receive free T-shirts! This is a great way to engage existing fans and to expand your fan base.
What are you waiting for? Start planning your action steps. As long as you keep working diligently and creatively, remember that no physical boundary can stop you from becoming a better and more established artist!